Friday, January 15, 2010

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters-10 Secrets Every Father Should Know

I checked out this book from the library (by Meg Meeker, MD) and it has some good recommendations for dads. I want to log the '10 secrets' so I can remember since I have to return it. Another good book on this topic is by Kevin Leman (What a Difference a Daddy Makes). Doug and I laugh about my obsession w/ these parenting books, I wish I would have time to actually read all of them I've bought and checked out over the years. Wonder what this little obsession says about me?? Any thoughts?:)

1. You Are the Most Important Man in Her Life
*Basically, all her decisions and relationships with future boyfriends, bosses, and guy friends will be based on her relationship w/ her dad.
2. She Needs a Hero
3. You Are Her First Love
4. Teach Her Humility
5. Protect Her, Defend Her (use a shotgun if necessary:)
6. Pragmatism and Grit: 2 of your greatest assets
7. Be the Man You Want her to Marry
8. Teach Her Who God Is
9. Teach Her to Fight
*Prepare her for the situations (social and cultural) she will find herself in, teach her to say no and stick to it.
10. Keep her Connected
*Help her make real, vital flesh-and-blood relationships and work on your connection w/ her(tune in to her, listen to her, and don't let work and its preoccupations distract you from your daughter. At the end of the day, she's more important than your job).

1 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Happy Birthday Macy...and Mom I remember when you were pregnant w/her...dang where has the time gone. Have a good one Wagers!!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home