Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Barking Sands Beach



We ended our first day in Kauai w/ a ~4 mile off road adventure to find this little gem of a beach (Barking Sands). The cliffs behind us and the miles and miles of beach were enough to take our breath away. Sadly, jetlag caught up w/ me at this stop and I was very TIRED after our day exploring Waimea Canyon (Doug will post pictures of that, I'm sure), so I will fondly remember this beach as the one where I slept!!

We simply fell in love w/ this island! It provided a wonderful mix of opportunities for activity and relaxation--a perfect mix for us. The beaches were absolutely incredible and DESERTED!! We were amazed at all of this beautiful shoreline w/ no one on it! Perhaps it was the time of year, but we weren't complaining! More to come...
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home